Saturday, November 29, 2008

Beauty and...The Stink

This Halloween Rachel had her heart set on being Belle...again. I made this costume for her last Halloween and I honestly couldn't be more pleased that she wanted to wear it again.
Rachel also had something in mind for her brother. She thought it would be great if she were Belle and Toby was the Beast. I did attempt to find a lion costume that I thought we might be able to pass for the Beast, but unfortunately it was way too big. It should fit him next year though. So who knows, maybe the Belle dress will fit Rachel one more year and she could have all of her fairy tale dreams come true. As for this year we had to settle for a little stinker!
You have to say that as far as skunks go, Toby makes a very cute one!
This next picture of Toby was taken at the moment that someone smiled at him. He does this a lot! When someone smiles at him he pretends to be bashful and ducks his head, with a big grin on his face. He thinks he's pretty charming!
Finally I thought it would be fun to post a picture of Rachel from last year...
And compare it to this year. I can't believe how much she has grown up.

14 comments:

Forsberg's said...

Your cute belle is beautiful and your right Toby is the cutest skunk I've ever seen!

Rochelle said...

all I can say is... man I wish we were coming home for Christmas! I miss you guys!

Tyson and Denise said...

cute Belle dress, you talented girl...and I would have to agree with you about that being the cutest skunk in existance!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel makes the cutest Belle, ever! She's so adorable!

Mary Breitenstein Mauck

Emily said...

Oh, they look so cute. Thanks for posting the picture of Toby the Skunk. I love it. :)

Emily said...

That dress is amazing! I love the skunk idea also. Too funny!

Valerie Russell said...

Can I just say how lucky Rachel is to have you for her mom? My kids will not have such elegant and original Halloween costumes :) I can't believe how cute Toby is! I can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks :)

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous dress, gorgeous girl and a really, really cute skunk.

San Diego Spendloves said...

I saw these when you posted them, but didn't take the minute to post anything. I wanted to because Wow are you an amazing seamstress and the kids look so darling. I saw Rachel in her costume on another blog before this one and was sure that you had made that masterpiece. Have a great 2009!

Brooke said...

Hey, I found your blog via Sarah's, wha ha ha!! I'll be stalking you...;)

Jenica Cogdill said...

I am, as usual, utterly impressed. I didn't realize you made that dress for her. But, I guess I'm not surprised. It's just a very small, yellow version of a wedding dress.

Rochelle said...

Toby's hair looks so blonde in those pictures on the sidebar. He's quite the handsome little man! Rachel is growing up so much. The video on Jessica's blog almost made me cry, I miss you guys so much!

Rochelle said...

Rachel: "I love you. And I love your Belle dress." -Grace

Alicia said...

Seriously, you two are the cutest parents ever! Maybe it's because I knew you both before you became parents, but I wish I could just peek in on you and watch all the fun you must be having with your family!